Our Local Info!
Talkeetna is the Native Athabascan word meaning “where three rivers meet”. We sit at the confluence of the Talkeetna, Chulitna and Little Susitna Rivers which make up the Big Susitna River which moves the third largest volume of water in North America.
Things to Do in Talkeetna
- Flight Seeing – Explore the top of North America with a flight seeing tour from one of our several flight seeing operators located 2 miles from our property.
- Canopy Zip Line – Yes, even a small place like Talkeetna has some amazing zip-line activities through beautiful country. 3 Hour Tour.
- Riverboat Adventures – Take a jet boat ride with all your friends up the river in these high-performance tour boats. Many different sightseeing and adventure options available.
- Fishing – Always wanted to go out with a real Alaskan fishing guide? We have many different guides and vendors to choose from.
- Arts – We have Art galleries, Wildlife art galleries, Denali Arts Council who can satiate your need to view, appreciate or collect locally produced art. There is also a live stage theater with many productions happening throughout the year.
- Live music – Whether at the Denali Fairview Inn, Denali Arts Sheldon Hangar, or one of the local eateries, Talkeetna is a town bursting at the seams with world class and sometimes not-so-world-class music. If you like live music, Talkeetna has it.
- ATV tours – Take a ride through the trails or out to the Petersville area with one of our local ATV guide services.
- Much, much more! Plus if you are heading to Denali from here, we have lots of tips and suggestions to keep you busy and preoccupied during that part of your trip too!